Community Engagement Officer for Castle Park Project
Website East Herts Council
Based in Hertford and working in Bishop’s Stortford Grade 6, £22,547 to £26,536 (inclusive of local weighting) Full Time, 37 hours per week Fixed term contract until 30/9/2018
An exciting opportunity to be part of a National Lottery Funded Project.
We are seeking a motivated, proactive person to manage the community engagement element of the project from start to finish as part of a small multi-disciplinary team.
Castle Park brings together Castle Gardens and Sworder’s Field at the heart of Bishop’s Stortford. Showcasing the historic castle remnants and the River Stort; the park will become a vibrant space able to satisfy the needs of local communities.
A partnership comprising East Herts Council and Bishops Stortford Town Council was formed in 2013 to bring together key stakeholders. Members recognise the strength of working together and the value of community engagement to ensure success.
From April 2017, the 18 month project will deliver a full “Parks for People” application worth in excess of £2million. The Community Engagement Officer will have a central role, working to engage local communities as part of a multi-disciplinary projects delivery team, coordinated by Hertfordshire County Council’s Countryside Management Service who will host this post.
- Leading a working group of staff and volunteers to devise and deliver an exciting and sustainable programme of events and community activities
- Recruiting and supporting volunteers
- Establishing a new Friends of Castle Park group
- Extending the successful Hertfordshire Health Walks programme
- Engaging local schools and encouraging young people to get involved with the design process
- Project publicity and promotion
- Producing the final ‘Activity Plan’ report as part of the full funding application
This post will be subject to a standard DBS check.
To find out more or discuss this stimulating, varied and worthwhile challenge, please visit the Countryside Management Service:
Website – www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/cms
Facebook page – www.facebook.com/HertsCMS
Or call Lee Tyson on 01992 588433.
Closing date: Friday 21st April at 5pm
Interview date: TBA
Apply now online at www.eastherts.gov.uk/vacancies